NCDC is here to help you keep your business in business. We want to share the latest and most reliable resources to help us navigate this challenging time together. We encourage you to check back for updates and share with businesses you feel may benefit from our help.
All businesses subject to these guidelines are required to self-certify prior to opening May 20th. The certification system will be online next week, and a link will be added to this page at that time.
CDC & WHO Resources
Federal Stimulus Packages & SBA Disaster Assistance
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has offered the State of CT and others low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital up to $2 million/30-year to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury because of COVID-19. We are here to help you collect the paperwork and get an application submitted. Right now the rate is 3.75%, but things could change and a lower rate might be available. Even if you are not ready to apply, be prepared.
- SBA Disaster Assistance
- Coronavrius Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Information
IRS Tax Relief
- Federal Tax Filing/Payments Extensions: July 15, 2020
State & Local Business Resources
- HEDCO’s COVID-19 Business Response Program: geared for minority-owned and women-owned small businesses with >20 employees to obtain a zero-interest Line of Credit for up to $20,000
- Latest CT advisories
- Resources for CT Businesses
- CT Businesses and Economic Development Practitioners
- Connecticut Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- CT Women’s Business Development Council
- CT’s Shared Work Program
- Southeastern CT Enterprise Region (seCTer)
- Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce
- Eastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce
- Resources for Workers Impacted by Coronavirus Layoffs and Lost Wages
Loan Forbearance Programs
- Chelsea Groton Bank | 860-448-4195 (COVID-19 hotline)
- Eastern Connecticut Savings Bank | email@example.com
This info hotline is available 24/7 for general questions about COVID-19. If you are in CT, simply dial 211 from your phone. If you are outside of CT or having trouble connecting, dial 1-800-203-1234. Be sure to contact your medical provider if you’re experiencing symptoms.
- Talk to your landlord. Let them know what is going on and if you need help. Not sure what to say? We can help.
- Talk to your lender. If you have a good relationship perhaps there is a forbearance agreement or additional equity you can access. Don’t wait until it is too late to apply for funds and be sure to avoid credit card debt. We can help.
- Let us help you in your business planning. Even though opportunities may not be apparent, our nation needs business people to provide services and solutions. Need ideas about what you might do? We can help. Sometimes just talking about issues can lead to new solutions.